Training Program Title : Paediatric First Aid
Aim: To provide each participant with the necessary skills to provide immediate treatment to a person who has been injured or taken suddenly ill, prior to the arrival of the medical services (Ambulance or Doctor). To provide treatment to an injured / ill person where no further medical treatment is required.
Methodology: Interactive, Practical and theoretical.
Delivery: 8 hours (1day)
Number of Tutors: 1 Tutor
Maximum Number of Participants: 12
Target Audience: Parents, Grandparents, Babysitters, Childcare Staff
Main Topics Covered:
- CPR & AED
- Patient Assessment.
- Altered Levels of Consciousness. (Diabetes, fainting, Shock, hypothermia).
- Treatment of FBAO (Obstructed airway, Choking, Infantile Convulsions).
- Musculoskeletal Injuries (Head, Neck, Spinal Injuries, Crush Injuries).
- Wounds & Bleeding (Chest and abdominal injuries).
- Respiratory Emergencies (Asthma).
- Dealing with common Injuries in Childcare setting.
- Scene / Incident Management.
Qualification: Upon successful completion of the course (Written & Practical Assessment) each participant will receive a First Aid Certificate valid for two years.