Training Program Title : Manual Handling Skills Course
Aim: Provide Participants with the Knowledge and skills for safe manual handling.
- To allow participants become aware of it’s vital importance in the prevention of serious injuries.
- To provide the skills and knowledge can be put into practice at home as well as at work.
Methodology: Interactive, Practical and theoretical.
Delivery: 4 hours
Number of Tutors: 1
Maximum Number of Participants: 12
Outline Of Course Content:
Main Topics Covered:
- Structure and Function of the human spine.
- The Law regarding Manual Handling.
- How to Recognise Hazardous Loads – PPE to be worn.
- Procedures for dealing with unfamiliar loads.
- Avoiding or reducing the need for Manual handling.
- Instruction and Practical Demonstration of – good Manual Handling Techniques.
- Management of Manual Handling in the Workplace.
- Trainee Manual Handling Exercises with Instructor Critique
Qualification: On successful completion of the course (Written & Practical Assessment) each participant will receive a Manual Handling Certificate issued by Absolute Safety.