Training Program Title : Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5.
Aim: To provide each participant with the necessary skills to provide immediate treatment to a person who has been injured or taken suddenly ill, prior to the arrival of the medical services (Ambulance or Doctor). To provide treatment to an injured / ill person where no further medical treatment is required.
Methodology: Interactive, Practical and theoretical.
Delivery: 24 hours (3 day)
Number of Tutors: 1 Tutor
1 External examiner (on final day)
Maximum Number of Participants: 10
Main Topics Covered:
- Cardiac Emergencies (Including AED & CFR DVD).
- Respiratory Emergencies.
- Patient Assessment.
- Treatment of Foreign Body Airway obstruction (FBAO) (Adult).
- Wounds & Bleeding.
- Musculoskeletal Injuries.
- First Aid in the Workplace.
- Altered levels of Consciousness.
- Burns, Scalds, Chemical Poisoning.
Qualification: Upon successful completion of the course (Written & Practical Assessment) each participant will receive a FETAC level 5 Occupational First Aid Certificate.